UPDATE 01/31/2013: Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the conference. At this time, we have exceeded our need for volunteers and registration for volunteering is closed.
We hope you will still join us at the conference. You can register here: http://www.mblgtacc2013.org/registration.
Volunteer During the Conference
MSU students will have the opportunity to volunteer during the conference for reduced registration rates.
If you are a Michigan State University student who is interested in volunteering, please register as a volunteer here:http://www.mblgtacc2013.org/volunteer/volunteer-sign-up. Only Michigan State University students may volunteer at this time.
JUST ANNOUNCED 1/10/13: Our two upcoming training dates are:
- Tuesday, Jan. 15th at 7 PM in Bessey Hall, Room 107. Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/197182990425874/
- Wednesday, Jan. 30th at 7 PM, location TBD. Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/148215441996957/
Volunteers MUST attend one of these training dates! Attend whichever one works best with your schedule.
The registration prices for those who volunteer for given number of hours are as follows:
- Volunteering for 4 hours… may register at the reduced price of $40.
- Volunteering for 8 hours… may register at the reduced price of $20.
- Volunteering for 12 hours… may register for free.
Students who volunteer for 8 hours outside of the conference (for example, at special “dial for dollars” events, etc.) may register at the reduced price of $40.
Volunteer prices will remain constant, regardless of price tier changes.
How volunteering works (updated 1/10/13):
- Sign up to be a volunteer. (Again, MSU students only, please.)
- In the sign-up, tell us your t-shirt size. (Volunteers get special t-shirts! These t-shirts are different than the regular conference t-shirts. If you register as well, you’ll get one of those, too!)
- In the sign-up, let us know what days you think you’ll be available and what tasks you might be interested in. The tasks include: registration/checking people in as they arrive and giving them their conference bags and name tags; being available at the help desk to answer questions; workshop supervision; setting up/tearing down; shuttle bus supervisor (letting us know if there are any issues with the buses!); and being an on-call runner (helping us out with miscellaneous things that pop up!).
- Don’t worry if your availability changes or if you’re not sure about it yet – we’re college students too, and we totally understand! We’re very flexible!
- All volunteers are required to attend at least one training. We held our first Volunteer Training on December 5th, and will are holding two more trainings in January.
- Attend one of the Volunteer Trainings.
- We’ll give you a unique discount code that will allow you to register at a reduced rate.
- Register for the conference. (But wait until you get the discount code!)
- As it gets closer to the end of January/beginning of February, we’ll send you more logistical details, such as when and where to show up, who to find, what you’ll be doing, etc.
- And then… Feb. 8th-10th (or Thursday, Feb. 7th, for those helping with set-up!), the real deal is here!
For any further questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join a Committee
If you are interested in helping the MBLGTACC 2013 Planning Coalition in a significant way, consider joining one of our committees!
Committee members do everything from contacting potential speakers, finding email addresses for LGBTA college organizations across the Midwest, designing brochures, maintaining the website, creating volunteer forms and any miscellaneous projects that have to get done! Committee members are vital to the success of the conference, and our committee members are fabulous!
We are always looking for committee members to help plan the conference — and that means Fall, Spring and — yes — Summer semester, too! New members have been joining us at the start of semesters and also right in the middle of them! We completely understand that it’s hard to gauge how busy your semester is going to be (hey, we’re students too!), and that some people get busier as the semester goes along, and others find that they have more free time to help out once they settle into their classes. So don’t be afraid to shoot us an email any time!
If you want to help plan a particular aspect of the conference, let us know! If you aren’t sure what you’d be interested in or what you think you’d be good at, ask us what you can help with, and we can tell you what projects we’re currently working on!
Committee members may attend the conference at greatly reduced rates at the discretion of the committee director. They will also receive our undying love and appreciation!
If you’re interested in joining a committee, send us an email at email@example.com.